Saturday, April 28, 2012

Part time and update on the week

It has been 2 weeks now since I started with my part time hours. Working 7-12 and then picking up the kids has been awesome! Eleanor has done great with taking a nap every day for me from 1-2:30. Hudsen does not take a nap any more but while Eleanor is down for her nap, he understands that is his time to read books on the couch or color on the table. During this time, I try to get the house cleaned up a bit. When Eleanor wakes up for her nap, we usually go out for a walk. We have been lucky and had some really nice weather. The kids are both really good for me on the wagon ride. Eleanor really likes just watching her brother and Hudsen likes to look for bunnies and flowers on the trip. Once we get back home, then we are outside shooting hoops and playing on the swing set. Eleanor doesn't mind going in the jumper right now so she goes in the jumper on the deck and just watches Hudsen and I play. It is really nice. We have had a few bad weather days and then those days are a little more interesting with finding something to do. The music comes on and we are down in the basement dancing and playing with trains. It has been a little bit of an adjustment for Hudsen and has tried to push the limits a few times. I guess that is what I should expect from a 3 year old, but he is doing pretty well. I feel so grateful that I get to spend extra time with the kids during the day. And not to forget about Charley, he has been much more tired at night with getting some extra play time in as well :)

These are a few pictures from our time at home. The first pic is Hudsen dancing to Ice Ice Baby. Look at that hook! Eleanor was dancing in her high chair to Baby Got Back. She loved it!





Eleanor has really started wanting to walk. She likes pushing around her cart and pushing around anything that will move with her. I'm excited for her to start walking but I know that will be a whole new adventure with her. I can't believe my baby is growing up so fast! Eleanor also had her 1 year check up on Wednesday. She is in the 90th percentile for height, weight and head circumfirance. She is really doing great! Especially since she started off in the 3rd percentile when she was born!


Thursday night we had some friends over for dinner. Brandon, Hannah and Bella Fahey came over for a little BBQ. Hudsen and Bella are very close to age. It was the first time that they had met but it didn't seem like it when they started playing together. Hudsen loved playing with Bella and showing her his toys. Bella is so cute and whenever Hudsen would call her name she would go running over where ever he was at. It was a very fun night!


No comments:

Post a Comment