Friday, April 13, 2012

Goodbye Tonsils


On Wednesday Hudsen had his tonsils removed and tubes inserted in his ears. I have to admit, I was very nervous about the surgery. As a mom, I never want my child to feel any type of pain and if I could have had the surgery for him, I would have. But I also understood that this was for his benefit and in the long run he would be much better without the tonsils and with the tubes.

The surgery went great. We were there at 6:45 for check in. They took us to a room where Hudsen put on some scrubs. Then they asked him if he wanted to ride on the bed or in a wagon back to the surgery room. He said he would like to walk. So we walked him to the door and then he got a little nervous and the nurse carried him back. I’m very glad he did not cry, because I would have probably started crying right there too. As it was, there were no tears shed. The surgery took about 30 minutes. Hudsen then slept for another 30 minutes and then we were able to go back and see him. He didn’t cry but just wanted to be held. I held him in the chair and we watched some cartoons for an hour and half while he was still recovering. We were at home by 10:30. He relaxed for most of that day and ate A LOT of ice cream.

So far he has not really complained about any pain. He has wanted to play a lot and does not quit understand why he has to take it easy for a few days. The first day he wanted to get out and play football but then did a good job of not arguing with us and just went and sat on the couch. The nights have been a little tough on him because his mouth dries out. Today he is at home with Grandma Pat and they are having a good time playing cars and trains and watching a little Mickey. Lots of books are being red these days too. He loves the Berenstein Bears.

Uncle Jeff came over on Wednesday night and then he and Aunt Lina came over last night. Both times they had temporary tattoos for Hudsen which made him very excited. Payton and Grace sent Hudsen balloons yesterday which were awesome! There was a cars balloon that he was really excited about. Grandma Pat brought done some cars and some other fun things to play with that Hudsen put in a line so he could see. He also got a card from GG that he really liked opening and quickly put the dollar in his piggy bank. On the day of his surgery, he wore his new Thomas PJs that Grandma Kim had given him. He is definitely a very loved and spoiled little boy.

Eleanor is now not feeling well. I took her to the doctor yesterday and she has a slight case of Hand, Foot and Mouth. She just has the sores on her throat and slight fever. Since it is a virus the only thing we can do for her is give her Ibuprofen. She did great last night and slept through the night and is being a little trooper today too and doing well. The virus usually last about 5 days so hopefully it is done with quick. She has a birthday coming up in about a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment