Jarren is very much enjoying his new job at DMU. He gets to work at about 7:30 every morning at leaves around 4:45 or 5. He really likes everyone that he works with. At night time it is nice to have him around a little earlier and to not have him constantly thinking about work. The kids have REALLY enjoyed their extra Dad time. Jarren is still involved in the Waukee Leadership group. Their class project is to start a Historical Society for Waukee. He is also playing basketball on Tuesday night with KPMG. His basketball on Sunday nights ended a few weeks ago. Softball will be starting soon and that will be on Thursday nights.
Hudsen went to his first non family birthday party this last weekend at Pump it Up. He was very cautious/shy to start off with, but after he saw all the other kids having fun and he got right in there. That is very much Hudsen’s personality. When he is doing something new he is very cautious/shy and then he turns a switch once he realizes it is ok and then there is no turning back. He has another birthday party at Pump it Up tonight and I am interested to see how he reacts. This morning he told me he was VERY excited. Saturday we also had Drew and Brady Eastman over for a play date. They all 3 played trains for awhile and had a great time. Hudsen wanted Drew and Brady to come over again on Sunday. The Iowa State game was on Saturday night and Grandpa and Grandma Hummel, Kasey, Morgan, and Isabella, Brandon, Kari, Payton and Grace all came over to watch. Whenever Hudsen sees Payton he is so excited. The 2 of them play so well together. You can’t separate them. Hide and Seek seems to be the game of choice these days.
Eleanor is starting to try to walk. She is walking along the furniture right now and seems to be just a little afraid to let go and see if she can do it on her own. She loves to watch her brother play with his trains. We spend a lot of time downstairs with Hudsen playing with his trains and Eleanor will still go in her jumper to watch him. We had our niece Grace’s birthday party 2 weekends ago. It is hard to believe that Grace is one and Eleanor will be turning 1 in less than 2 months. Where does the time go?!
What is new with me? I still like my job at CWG and love working with my co-workers. I think I laugh most of the day so I take that as a good sign I am still doing Max Life every day at noon and enjoying that. I started doing Hot Yoga on Saturdays. I’m not sure if that will last but Molly and I bought a pass for 3 times so we’ll at least do it 2 more times. I have just started training for Dam to Dam. It is in June and right now 3 miles is all I can do, so it is going to take some dedication and hard work on my part to be ready for the race then. I just tell myself, it was easy, everyone would do it.
Below are some pictures from Grace’s one year birthday from 2 weekends ago.


No comments:
Post a Comment