Monday, January 23, 2012




Eleanor is now 9 months! Oh how the time flies! We went to her 9 month blank children’s hospital appt this morning. She is doing GREAT developmentally. Just looking at her, you would never know that she was a premie. She is in the 85th percentile for height, weight and head circumference. She has her pediatrician appt on Wednesday where they will do the shots and weight and measure her again. The Blank appts are more just about seeing how she is doing developmental wise. However, they did mention that her blood pressure seems a little high. I’m not sure how doctors can get a very good read of blood pressure when a baby is excited and ready to play. Our normal pediatrician does not even take the babies blood pressure. However, on Wednesday, since E’s bp was a little high at the Blank appt. this morning, we will have the Ped (Dr. Secory) take her bp at that appt. Always good to have it monitored and make sure that everything is going great with the little girl. She does have a cold and very stuffy nose, so that also could have lead to a higher reading today. But the doctor’s taking E’s BP, sure made my BP rise :)
This last week Hudsen was also getting over a cold. I feel like one kid gets over the cold, and the other kid gets it. A never ending cycle. Hudsen’s cold must have been messing with his equilibrium a little bit as I had 2 accident reports to sign last Wednesday when I picked him up. One where he hit his head on the table while he was playing and the other said he hit is lip on a table after they were done eating. I was talking to the teacher’s about and they said that after he hit his lip on the table he said to Mr. Josh “Mr. Josh, I need a helmet” All the teachers got a pretty good laugh out of that (after they realized he was ok of course :) Then he went home that night and put on his Dolphins football helmet. I also had to laugh at him for this.
Jarren had some exciting news this last week. He got a new job at Des Moines University as their Assistant Controller. I am so proud of him! It seems to be a great job and will be better for our family and for him. No more busy season and no more public accounting! Jarren is still working on the weekends so he can get his jobs wrapped up at McGowen. He will start his new position at DMU on February 20th. I’m excited for him to start this new chapter in his professional career.
The pictures are from the weekend. We had just a nice relaxing weekend. Jarren worked on Saturday but the kids and I spent most of our day in our PJs. Rachel and Liliana came over for a little bit to play on Saturday morning. Sunday we went to church. Jarren had basketball on Sunday night so Hudsen and I did some reading and watched a little Disney channel. I hate to admit it, but I really like “Good Luck Charlie.” It reminds me of Full House. It was another great weekend at the Hummel house!

No comments:

Post a Comment