Monday, January 30, 2012

Can hardly believe that is in nearing the end of January 2012! So far, 2012 has really been a good year where we can look at how much God has blessed us. We are all doing pretty well with keeping up with our resolutions. The kids have stayed pretty reasonably healthy. The weather has been so nice! Hudsen has gotten a lot of time to play outside. Today it is actually 60 degrees out. I think it would be a perfect day for Hudsen and Charley to spend a little time outside. Charley might need to start doing some exercising of his own :)
This last week, we all kept pretty busy. Hudsen did a lot of playing at school. I think every day I had to sign an accident report. He plays SO HARD! I am thankful that the accident reports are just for minor scratches and nothing else. He has some really good friends at school, Coen, Brady, Nolan, Kahl, and MaTaio are just a few that we hear about quit often. He is having a little bit of a problem wrestling around at school. As the teachers put it “he never starts the wrestling, but he doesn’t mind jumping right in there with the rest of the kids. He likes to be in the action.” Jarren and I have told him the wrestling is just for home and for practice (even though he has never gone to wrestling practice and we highly doubt that he will ever be a wrestler). He seems to get that and goes in spurts were he doesn’t wrestling and then it’s like he forgets and gets right back in there. For the most part he is on Green (which is good) when I pick him up from school and gets a prize out of the treasure box.
Eleanor had a great week too. She had 2 9 month appts (one for Blank and one with the regular pediatrician). They tried to take her bp at her appt with the pediatrician but she was too squirmy so they couldn’t get it. Dr. Secory said he has never diagnosed a 9 month old with high blood pressure and he didn’t think we needed to worry about E having it either. He said we can try again at 12 month. She is looking wonderful! In fact, just this morning I got a text from Amy saying that she can see 3 teeth coming in on the bottom row! WOW! I noticed one tooth semi coming in this weekend, but I did not know there were 3. She is growing up so fast. We also put her in a big girl car seat this weekend. She is still forward facing, but she LOVES it. We went for a drive yesterday to clean the car as a family and E pretty much laughed the whole time b/c she could see Charley and Hudsen without straining to sit up. She just always wants to see what her brother is doing. They are so fun to watch grow up together!



Aunt Morgan took pictures this weekend for E’s 9 month. Both kids did great and we are so thankful for Aunt Morgan doing such a great job! I’m sure Dad is going to like to put these pictures up in his new office.










Jarren and I went to the ISU basketball game this weekend. My mom and Dad came up on Friday night and then stayed with the kids while we went to the game on Saturday. The game was awesome! ISU of course was the underdog and ended up beating Kansas. It was such a great atmosphere. We have seen some really good basketball this season. The tickets have definitely been worth the price. Then Saturday night Jeff and Lina came over and we celebrated Gpa Gary’s 66th birthday. Jarren played poker that night and I was sound asleep on the couch at 8:30. It was a busy day! Hudsen and Eleanor both had a great time playing with Jeff, Lina and Gpa & Gma. There was a lot of playing with the trains. I think Saturday morning Gpa and Hudsen were downstairs for 3 hours just playing with trains!



Sunday Gma, Hudsen and I went over and saw our new cousin Paige Zitterich. She is so beautiful with such dark hair! Then we went grocery shopping (Hudsen talked/conned Gma into getting him a new car :). Gma and Gpa took off around 11:30 and both kids took great naps that afternoon. I think they were both a little tired from the busy weekend. That night Payton, Grace, Brandon and Kari came over and played for a little bit too. Hudsen and Payton did puzzles while Grace and Eleanor crawled all over each other. It was pretty cute and fun. The cousins have a great time together!

No comments:

Post a Comment