Sunday, August 19, 2012

Dance Party!


Saturday was a little cloudy and the kids and I are a little worn out on baseball (ok so maybe that is just me that is worn out). Jarren needed to work in the afternoon so Hudsen and I had the great idea to decorate the basement for a dance party!

We started off by making a sign.


Then we colored pieces of paper and hung them from the ceiling. Hudsen thought this was the best.


Then of course we had to make a playlist. The playlist included some great hits from Alvin and the chipmunks and Miley Cyrus to name a few. Good thing Hudsen and I have the same taste in music :). After that we prepared the snacks of cookies, popcorn and gold fish. Hudsen wanted to crack some eggs to put on top but luckily I talked him out of it. Ever since him and I have started preparing dinner together all he wants to do is make eggs! After the snacks were ready and the basement was finished we all got dressed in our dance party clothes and waited for Dad to come home.

Eleanor had a great time dancing to the music and Hudsen liked showing Dad the decorations and shaking his booty.

Eleanor danced so hard that she bumped her lip on the eliptical and got a pretty big fat lip from it. She looks a little like a duck right now (a very cute duck). This brought the party to an end. Except for the bump, the party turned out well and it was a fun activity for the kids and the parents :)


No comments:

Post a Comment