Sunday, June 10, 2012

No more CAN'T

The Hummels are removing the word can't from their vocabulary! This not only includes the kids vocabulary but Mom and Dad's as well. Hudsen can get very frustrated when he first tries to do something and can be quick to say "I can't do this". Then he looks to us to do it for him or he gives up. Although he is just 3, there is no better time than the present for him to realize that he can do things and he should not get frustrated when he does not succeed the first time. Just try to tell Eleanor that she can not do something. At her age she is learning so many new things and taking everything in. She is taking more steps every day and is so determined to walk. She is starting to show some determination and stubborness in her personality. I wonder what I would do if I had her determination and wonder of the unknown. The want and desire to try everything and not know if I was going to be able to accomplish what I set out to do or if I would fail and then have to pick myself back up. Who would have thought a 1 year old could teach such a lesson?

This weekend Hudsen had a first and succeeded! It was the first weekend for blastball. At first Hudsen was very timid and did not want to go out in the ball park. After a few minutes of letting him take in all the fun the other kids were having, he went out on the field with me and we played catch. Then we split into stations of throwing/catching, ground balls and batting. First was the catching. Hudsen did great at using both hands and listening to the coaches. Next was the ground balls. Hudsen also did a great job at this station stopping the ball and then throwing it back to the coach. At the batting station, Hudsen at first did not want to go up to bat. Then he decided to try and stepped up to bat. He hit the ball clear over everyone's head! It was so awesome to see how excited and proud he was of himself. He got to bat 3 more times and each time had a great hit. At the end of blastball Hudsen did not want to leave and he is very excited to go back next week with his Dad!



Jarren was gone fishing this weekend, so Grandma Pat was here and Uncle Jeff and Aunt Lina came over to play as well. The weather has been so nice that on Saturday after we got out the pool and played around in there. Splishing and splashing around was fun and tiring! The kids (and I) are really excited for their dad to come home. We can't wait to hear the fishing stories! (this is an example of an ok use of the word can't :)

No comments:

Post a Comment