Running Dam to Dam after having 2 kids, check that off the list! I ran Dam to Dam in 2010 when Hudsen was about 18 months. I wanted to do it again this year to prove to myself that I could do it after having Eleanor. It was a lot harder to train for it this year with 2 kids. It was hard to find time to go for a long run when I wanted to be at home playing with the kids. It was hard to get motivated to run in the mornings when I wanted to sleep in just a little longer. There were a million excuses for me to use to not do the run, but there was something inside of me that kept reminding me of the sense of accomplishment and acheivement once the race was finished. Although my time was not as good this year as it was in 2010, I still finished and I had a great time (and getting a medal is always pretty nice too :)
We had great weather last week too. The kids and I are enjoying spending time outside in the beautiful weather. Eleanor loves pushing around her purple car outside and Hudsen enjoys doing anything as long as he can be outside. Below are a few pictures from the week. I love seeing my kids smile and hearing them laugh. Seeing their faces full of joy and excitement, makes me so happy. Although there are a some tears in the afternoon, (ie when I tell Hudsen he can not have ice cream or when Eleanor does not like it when I take a crayon away from her) the smiles and laughter trump the tears every day.
No comments:
Post a Comment