I thought this would be the best way to keep everyone updated on what is going on with Baby Hummel and with me. On Wednesday March 23rd I went in for an appt and learned that my blood pressure was starting to creep up. The doctor ordered some labs and I received the results on Friday that showed that I have mild preclampsia. As some of you may remember I had preclampsia with Hudsen as well. Friday I spent 24 hours in the hosiptal getting steriod shots for the baby to help the lungs develop quicker. I am now at home on bed rest for the remaining amount of the pregnancy. What does that mean? Bed rest for me means I can get up for bathroom breaks and meals. Otherwise I am to be laying on my side to keep my blood pressure stable. I will also now be going to the doctor twice a week. Which might actually be kind of nice since that means I can get off the couch ;) Everything is looking good with baby and I am feeling pretty good. We so much appreciate the support that we have been receiving from our family and friends. Keep the prayers coming! Jarren and Hudsen are having some fun together these days too. Yesterday they went and got a crib for baby and grocery shopping. It was a good adventure for the 2 of them. Hudsen is doing pretty good with me laying around. He climbs up with me and reads me books to keep me entertained :) Jarren has kept the house looking very clean and hasn't had one complaint. I am so lucky to have such an amazing husband! I appoligize if I have not returned your text or phone calls. But do know that I have really appreciated everything! The nurses and doctors at Iowa Methodist are amazing and I know that baby and I are in great hands. I will plan to update the blog as much as possible after appts to keep every updated. Look for Baby Hummel to arrive sometime the week of May 2nd. I should know a more specific date after my appt on Tuesday.
I can do all things in Christ who strengthens me. --Philippians 4:13
No comments:
Post a Comment